For over 200 years, Delaware has been at the forefront of innovation and discovery-driven by giants in industry like DuPont. Today this legacy continues to be a pioneering force in the growth and prosperity of our diverse range of industries.
Four companies headquartered in Delaware — AstraZeneca, Corteva, DuPont and Delaware’s robust ecosystem of professional and financial support, as well government, education and media resources, provides a fertile environment for business growth and innovation.
Delaware is consistently recognized for our state of innovation:
- Top ten best states for entrepreneurship (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #2 Average Number of Minority-Owned Businesses (Paychex, 2018)
- #3 Innovation Capacity (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation, 2017)
- Top 5 Best States for Data Innovation (Center for Data Innovation, 2017)
- #6 U.S. State Innovation Index (Bloomberg, 2019)
- #7 State Technology and Science Index (Milken Institute, 2018)
- Top 10 Most Innovative States (WalletHub, 2019)
- #1 Best States for Remote Work (WalletHub, 2020)
- Delaware innovators have been issued the most patents, per capita, in the U.S.
Explore our Delaware Startup Resources Guide by clicking below.